I Love Rescue Animals is proud to announce that we have partnered with Great Nonprofits to bring to the public the 2010 Animal Welfare Campaign, a great opportunity for all nonprofit animal organizations, rescues, and shelters. Along with us, Great Nonprofits has also partnered with the American Humane Association, Animal Legal Defense Fund, the Humane Society of the United States, Wildlife Forever, DogTipper.com, K9 Magazine, and Pet Museum and we are all asking for your help to identify top-rated nonprofits protecting the welfare of the animals in our homes, communities, and around the world.
What this campaign is designed to do is showcase the hard-working nonprofits in the animal community. Even with the economy slowly on the rise, animal groups are still suffering and in need of help. Not sure how you can help? Well that’s where this campaign comes in. Tell us about YOUR experience – how are these organizations having an impact? Which ones are great? Which ones need some improvement? Your participation in this campaign helps identify the nonprofits that are making a difference on behalf of animals, both wild and domestic, here and overseas.
In 2009 over 450,000 people read reviews of thousands of nonprofits at GreatNonprofits.org – written by donors, volunteers, board members and by the general public. These reviews are also visible on GuideStar. Whether you are a part of a nonprofit organization, a volunteer, a board member, a client served or a donor, we invite you to participate in 2010 Animal Welfare Campaign and help speak out for those nonprofit animal organizations that you love.
Benefits of this Campaign:
- Recognition: Every organization that gathers 10 or more positive reviews during the month of July will make the Great Nonprofits Top-Rated Animal Welfare Nonprofits List.
- Community Engagement: Great opportunity for nonprofits and their community members to interact and engage directly.
- First-person stories: Clients, volunteers, donors and others share with the public, in their own words, how this nonprofit serves its community. Nonprofits can use this resource of powerful and authentic stories to engage donors and volunteers.
How to participate:
Nonprofits: Invite people who have seen your work – your volunteers, clients, board members, and others – to write a review about you. It’s free, quick, and easy. You can:
- Send them an email with the link to your reviews page.
- Post the link on the homepage of your Web site.
- Use your Facebook fan page: post the link and opportunity to review to your Facebook status
- Tweet out the link for your followers to post reviews or retweet our tweets about the campaign (@GreatNonprofits)
Supporters: Take this free opportunity to raise support for this important issue by visiting http://bit.ly/awpartners.
The campaign deadline is July 31, 2010. Let’s hear your stories and experiences!
Check out the Great Nonprofits’ 2010 Animal Welfare Campaign site as well as the FAQs if you have any questions.
Filed under: Animals in Need, Causes, Partners on July 1st, 2010 | No Comments »