Big Push for 365 Days of Animal Advocacy!

365 Days of Animal Advocacy
Please make sure to check out the 365 Page for more info!

365 Days To Raise Awareness!

Hey guys. I know this is going to sound crazy but I want to try and make 2011 the year for animals! I made a New Year’s resolution to gather a large portion of the shirts I would need for this project but, well, suddenly it’s almost time for a whole new set of resolutions! Where did this year go? So now here we are, with less than a month, to really try and get our 365 Days project going. It can happen though. I know it can! I will work like crazy to get local groups’ shirts. And I have a few people out there who have said they would send me shirts too. That’s awesome! I just need more. We can do this! The cat group I work with has given me permission to use their P.O. Box so now we have a place they can be shipped. This is a simple idea but I really think it’s going to catch on!

All I need for you to do is pick an animal rescue, shelter, advocacy group, nonprofit organization, idea, etc. that you want to support. Buy a shirt from them and have it sent to us. We will also need a short description of what the shirt is about – the mission, where the group is located, where they can be found online, any important information that you want to be sure people know about them. You can even tell the group about 365 Days and they may wish to write the bio themselves. This is a cool idea because you’re not only helping them by buying a shirt but the amount of exposure they get from this project could be immense! I really believe this could catch on and be a fun, creative way of raising awareness for animal issues!

If you’re interested in helping us make this project a success, please leave a comment below with the name of the organization, rescue, event, etc. and we will send you an email with the P.O. Box you can send the shirt too. Then you can respond with the paragraph about it! This is going to be great! We will be setting up a page specifically for this project since it’s so huge where we will have a list of every shirt we have so far! Also, if you want to know more specifics about 365 Days of Animal Advocacy, see the post where I first mentioned this idea here. Thanks guys! I am SO excited!

Oh! More logistics – I generally wear a small in adult unisex shirts. Thanks again!

UPDATE! – 12.26.10

Hey y’all – we’ve been getting so many comments that we decided to create an email address just for this project. Please send inquiries, comments, media questions, and any other interest you have in the project to 365 at iloverescueanimals.org. Thank you so so much for all your help! We can do this!

Be Sociable, Share!

29 Responses to “Big Push for 365 Days of Animal Advocacy!”

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rescue Animals, -SHK-, Gail Frazier, Last Chance Pets, PetUniverse and others. PetUniverse said: Big Push for 365 Days of Animal Advocacy! » I Love Rescue Animals … http://bit.ly/eKcAzj […]

2. Erin says:

I would love to support you in this goal, and send you a P.A.W.S. of Michigan t-shirt. You highlighted Menka, one of our shelter cats a few months ago. 🙂 He is doing fabulous in his new home. 🙂

3. Elisa says:

Hi! I am Elisa the twitterer for St. Louis Senior Dog Project or @STLSeniorDog, I had mentioned before that I would love our organization to be part of this and I am still on board to provide you with a t-shirt and description 🙂 We surely need more facebook and twitter followers so we would love to reach out to more through the project!
    If there are also other items in which I can be involved as an individual please let me know 🙂
    Great idea and good luck!
    -Elisa

4. Thanks for tweeting me about this project! Can I send you an Amazon CARES shirt?

5. JaneA says:

I’ll be glad to send you an SPCA of Hancock County T-shirt!

6. Kristine says:

Hi there! I think this mission is fantastic and I would love to help in absolutely any way I can. First, I would like to send you a NS SPCA shirt. Then, if there is any help I can give with promotion, social media, research, etc. you name it and I will be there. Good on you for committing to such a wonderful campaign!

• Ashley says:

Thank you, Kristine! You’re already helping by posting about us! Thank you so much for that! I’d love it if you’d continue to spread the word about this project. I am very hopeful we can pull this off if we all work together. I also may very well take you up on your offer to be a researcher!

7. kathy says:

Can you tell me how this works? I think I missed something… how sending the shirt gets publicity for the shelters who send them to you? What happens with the shirts themselves? Who gets it, who wears it, and how is the exposure happening? Thanks…

• Ashley says:

Hi Kathy! The answer to many of your questions can be found on the actual project page which can be found here: http://iloverescueanimals.org/365-days/ Basically, I will be wearing the shirts, taking pictures and posting a blurb about each shirt every day. The whole point is to raise awareness for each rescue/organization/cause/etc. The reason I want to do one per day is that it’s something that I feel can actually gain some attention. It’s a fun but hopefully effective way to showcase some great animal causes. As of right now, we’re not sure what will happen with the shirts but we’re brainstorming ideas.

8. Becca says:

We would love to send you one and support this creative project! Thank you!

9. Becca says:

and by we I mean the Humane Society of New York 🙂

10. Cat Guardians (@Cat_Guardians) would love to participate! Send your address to info@catguardians.org & ask them to forward it to Dave.

11. Shelley says:

I would love to send you shirt from the Yolo County SPCA. We are a foster home based animal rescue organization based in Davis CA. Please email me the details. We would also love to have a photo of you in the shirt so that we can do an article for our newsletter. Please let me know where to send & what size you would like.

12. Kim says:

Hi there-
    I love this idea! Saw a write up about it on the Modern Cat website and jumped right over to yours to find our more about it. I am a volunteer with Crash’s Landing Cat Rescue and Placement Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We’d love to participate! Let me know what the next steps are.

Thanks!
    -Kim

13. count us in.
    i have size large of our NO MORE FREE KITTENS campaign shirts or smaller.
    what can i send you?
    carol
    if you need larger, i have my logo shirt with JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN’T TOUCH THEM…DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN’T HELP THEM.

We are a TNR organization in West MIchigan.
    Great idea.
    Maybe you can sew up and stuff the shirts and make pet beds out of them in 2012.
    or make some sort of a quilt that can be shown around as part of a display illustrating how many groups help animals.
    : ) carol

• Ashley says:

Ooo, I like your ideas! I had thought of the quilt idea but still am not sure exactly how it would work. Nikki & I LOVE your pet bed idea! We’ll have to think more on that one for sure! Thank you!

14. Cheryl J says:

We would love to send you a tshirt! This is great what you are doing to help out rescues. You rock!

15. Alissa says:

Hey there,

I definitely want to send you a shirt from the Animal Rescue League of Boston!

Let me know what I can do to help!

16. Brenda B says:

We would love to send you a shirt from the Forever Home Feline Ranch in Springfield, IL. We only have large and XL. Can we still send one to you and if so, where?

17. Lisa P. says:

We are an all volunteer Trap/Neuter/ Return group that has been working since early 2006 to improve the lives of free-roaming cats in Burnet and Llano Counties here in Texas by reducing the number of unwanted kittens through this proven humane approach. Thus far we have TNR’d over 3,000 cats. We would love to send you a T-shirt – please let us know where to send it!

18. A Volunteer says:

The Wake County Animal Center in Raleigh, NC is interested in supporting your project by sending you a shirt.

Please send the mailing information to the attention of “Gabi” at: Amy.Wladyka@wakegov.com

Thank you.

19. Ellette says:

I have a medium adult tshirt to send you. It’s one of our first attempts at advertising, so it is simple.

20. We would love to send you a T-shirt to help promote your cause and our rescue organization. We are The Cat Network in Miami, Florida . We are an all volunteer 501c3 organization which promotes low cost spay/neuter for feral and stray cats and promotes adoptions of kittens and cats in Miami. We have helped the public spay and neuter over 60,000 cats and adopted over 8000 cats and kittens in 15 years

Thank you for spreading the message about animal welfare

Jill Steinberg

21. We would love to participate in your campaign and send a T-Shirt. We just finished our biggest year, 100 feral and stray cats and kittens went through our organization in 2010.

Thank you for helping the animals and for providing us an opportunity to participate.

Clarissa Wolf
    Spay the Strays, Fix the Ferals

22. Good Mews Animal Shelter is a cage-free shelter located in Marietta, GA. I’d love to send you a shirt and get the word out about our organization!